Citrus Extension Food Science
- Guidance for Processing Fresh Juices in Retail Operations http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fs114
- The Juice HACCP Program: An Overview http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fs124
- The U.S. Orange and Grapefruit Juice Markets: History, Development, Growth, and Change
- Using Medications Safely: Interactions Between Grapefruit Juice and Prescription Drugs
- World Markets for Organic Fresh Citrus and Juice http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/hs214
- Danyluk, M.D., K.R. Schneider, R. Goodrich-Schneider, T.M. Spann. 2010. Food safety: Reduce chemical hazards with good agricultural practices. Citrus Industry, 91(4):24,27.
- Spann, T.M., M.D. Danyluk. 2009. Food safety, good agricultural practices and California pistachios: Lessons for Florida Citrus. Citrus Industry, 90(11): 13-14.
- Goodrich-Schneider, R., K.R. Schneider, M.D. Danyluk. 2009. Food Safety for Citrus Growers and Packers: An Overview of Good Agricultural Practices. Citrus Industry, 90(4):14,16,18.
Food Science is concerned with many technical aspects of citrus production and processing ending with consumption of juice, the fruit, or other processed products. It is a highly interdisciplinary science incorporating a number of disciplines including Chemistry, Engineering and Microbiology.
Introduction EDIS documents
Trade Journal Articles