Fifty-first Annual Citrus Packinghouse Day
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Includes exhibits by more than 20 companies Great door prizes!
Mark your calendars for Citrus Packinghouse Day on August 23rd, and the Indian River Postharvest Workshop on August 24th. Both programs begin at 9:30 AM.
Presentations will include talks on:
- Promising fresh citrus selections for Florida's growers and shippers.
- Taste test performance of new Florida tangerine cultivars
- Using sensory evaluation to drive how we handle fresh citrus fruit
- Potential impacts of health care reform on Florida's fresh citrus industry
- Update on fungicides and decay control for fresh citrus
- Current status of FDA's forthcoming proposed produce safety rule
For more information, contact Dr. Mark Ritenour at (772) 468-3922, ext. 167
(firstname.lastname@example.org), or visit the University of Florida Postharvest Resources Website (http://postharvest.ifas.ufl.edu).