The purpose of the UF/IFAS CREC Research Symposium is to showcase research by our graduate students, postdoctoral research scientists, biological scientists, and visiting scholars. This is an annual event for our community to become acquainted with ongoing research activities across the multitude of specialties represented at the CREC. The symposium also provides an opportunity for developing presentation skills while networking with colleagues across disciplines. The chance to receive constructive feedback from peers and mentors is a fundamental component of this event.
Dates and Guidelines
The 11th Annual UF/IFAS CREC Research Symposium will be held on Friday, March 24, 2023 from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Refreshments will be provided.
- March 3, 2023: Deadline to submit abstract
- March 15, 2023: Deadline to submit poster for printing
- Abstracts must be in Times New Roman font, 11 point, single spaced
- Title should be bold and uppercase
- In the list of authors, the presenter name should be bold and underlined
- Provide department name, position, and advisor
- Abstract should be a single paragraph of no more that 330 words, fully justified
- For a sample abstract, click here
- Please upload your abstract here.
- Posters must not exceed 36” wide by 44” tall. If you are using a previously printed poster or your poster does not meet the poster guidelines, exceptions can be made in advance by notifying Kathy Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also find a helpful guide for how to create an effective research poster here.
- Please upload your poster here.
The graduate committee will be judging the posters and awards will be presented to top scoring postdocs and students.
- Posters will be judged based on content, correlation of poster to abstract, and adherence to formatting guidelines.
Master's Graduate Students
- 1st place – Laura Caneo
- 2nd place – LaTaunya Tillman
- 3rd place – Trishna Tiwari
PH.D. Graduate Students
- 1st place – Jamie Burrow
- 2nd place – Erica W. Carter
- 3rd place – Eva L. Mulandesa
- 1st place – Hana Lee
- 2nd place – Jinpyo An
- 3rd place – Angela Chuang (not pictured)
- 1st place – Mary Sutton
- 2nd place – Shankar Shrestha
- 3rd place – Erica W. Carter
- 1st place – Angela Chuang
- 2nd place – Eric Middleton
- 3rd place – Xiaokang Zhuo
- 1st place – Binita Shrestha
- 2nd place – Blessing Chukwuaja
- 3rd place – Erik Roldan
- 1st place – Dayse Pulici
- 2nd place – Angela Chuang
- 3rd place – Place Surendra Neupane
- 1st place – Collin Lewis-Solomon
- 2nd place – Samuel Kwakye
- 3rd place – Naweena Thapa
- 1st place – Sheng-Yen Wu
- 2nd place – Sylvia Bonilla
- 3rd place – Jeane Dayse Pulici
First Time Presenter Poster