Skip to main content

UF/IFAS Citrus Research and Education Center

UF/IFAS Citrus Research and Education Center

State Vehicles

General Guidelines

  • Before driving a state vehicle, please submit the State Vehicle Operator Approval Request located here.
  • Mileage logs should be completed and turned in monthly.
  • All UF vehicles are to be inspected annually.
  • Personal use of state vehicles is not allowed and is not covered by the Division of Risk Management.
  • If a UF employee receives a citation while driving a state vehicle, the driver is personally responsible for any financial payment.
  • Students are NOT covered by Division of Risk Management to drive a state vehicle unless they are employed and the use of the vehicle is within the scope and duties of their employment at the time of the incident.   
  • Employees will not be covered while driving a state vehicle if the use is not for official business and within the scope and duties of their employment.
  • There are assigned parking spaces for state vehicles at CREC. Please do not park personal vehicles in state parking spaces labeled with a four-digit number.
  • Employees driving state vehicles, golf carts, ATVs and farm equipment should be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. 


Mileage Log

  • Each vehicle should contain a monthly mileage log to be updated with each trip.
  • Mileage logs should be submitted at the end of each month to Sarah McCoy.
  • For replacement mileage logs or to request mileage logs for a new vehicle, contact Sarah McCoy.

Annual Inspection       

  • Every state vehicle is required to have an annual inspection.  You will be notified and provided with the annual inspection form when it is due.
  • To complete the inspection, have your preferred mechanic fill out the inspection form and make any necessary repairs.  When complete, submit the form AND any associated invoices/receipts to Sarah McCoy.

Common Questions

How do I request a parking space at CREC?

  • Please contact the Center Director’s office

How do I purchase a new vehicle?

How do I obtain vehicles through the Federal Excess Property Program?


What To Do In Case of an Automobile Accident

Automobile Liability and Usage

State Vehicle Seatbelt Use Requirement

12 and 15-Passenger Van Policy

Florida Cell Phone Laws

For most state vehicle questions, please contact Sarah McCoy at or 863-956-8632