Welcome to Dr. Yu Wang's lab
Dr. Yu Wang's lab uses state-of-the-art analytical techniques supplemented with bioactivity-guided essays to focus on the discovery of flavor active compounds, as well as bioactive compounds found in natural products, which will benefit human health.
Her research is comprised of:
- identification of flavor profiles of citrus and other agricultural commodities (lychee, mango, tea, etc.)
- investigation into flavor modulation, aroma and taste interactions, aroma release, and taste modulation
- exploration of health benefits of citrus, citrus byproducts, and other agricultural commodities
- The study of multi-omics (metabolomics, proteomics, etc.) to aid in early disease diagnosis and pathology insights
- Integration of machine learning techniques in agricultural and food research (e.g. image processing for fruit quality evaluation, flavor prediction, etc.)